Tuesday, March 18, 2008

pg. 39 --- Question 8

Who is the audience for this writing? Does the task imply that you will assume a particular readership besides your instructor? For some assignment, the writing is addressed to the professor. Other then that, essays could be addressed to classmates, business partners, or just to others in general. When I am writing a paper, I find myself writing it to everyone, not just one group. I have not experienced writing to a business partner yet but I believe I would write to them in the same way as I would to my professor or classmates. There may be a little bit of some changes but not too much. I do think about who I write to though. When my professor assigns me an assignment, I usually address it to everyone, or whoever is reading it. I am not just talking to one or two people, I am writing to whoever reads or hears my essay. I do believe that some writing is strictly directed to the professor, depending on what assignment is assigned and how the essay should come about.

No comments: