Wednesday, March 12, 2008

If you wish to be a writer, write- Epictetus

If I wish to be a writer, heck yeah I would write. It is so easy to hear those words but actually hard to think and do it. but I do think I could write and babble on for days about anything and everything. I believe the way I talk…if I could change it all into writing…I think I would have a few books published already. lol. I seriously can talk a lot sometimes and if I asked people if I could turn my talking into a book. They may also agree. I think the way I talk to totally different from the way I write. When I talk, I can hear myself, and when I write, I write and have to read it over and over to make sure it makes sense. And when it doesn’t…I get so frustrated and it throws everything off. I feel like I have to rewrite my whole essay again. Sometimes I wish to be a writer, I wish I could write, and when I write, I could seriously write for hours and hours. As long as I have a catchy subject to talk about…I can just go on and on. I use to write letters all the time to old friends that moved away and such. That was whenever I was younger and did not have or was not allow being on the internet as much. Now I think since we have the internet, it’s a lot faster and better to type. But it doesn’t mean as much as writing. It also saves us postage, paper, and the fact of writing. In a way when I type on the internet, I rely on spell check and grammar check. Bad idea! It’s not always correct and sometimes I wouldn’t make any sense. I think that grammar check is not always 100% correct. But why do we all rely on it so much? Is it because we’re lazy? It’s either we’re lazy, in a hurry, or just don’t have time to reread everything over again. I wish I write as well as professional writers. I just wish that I had the ability of being an A++ writer. I find it easy when I hear the phrase, if I wish to write then write, does that mean just write whatever or be a great writer? I guess the more I have to write papers for school, the better I’ll get. And the better I will get will be a step closer on becoming an A+ writer.

No comments: