Thursday, February 7, 2008

How do I feel About the First Draft of Paper 1

At first I thought it was going to be easy but found out that it was a rather bit difficult. I had to ask myself over and over what music appreciation is really all about or what the actual definition is. Over all, it took me about 3 hours to write about it. I literally sat at my computer trying to brainstorm ideas and what to write about for at least 40 minutes. What I had the most problems with was thinking of a thesis statement to write. It is very strange…I have struggle before on a thesis statement but never as much as I did last night. I know how to write a thesis statement but am not really sure. I looked online and in writinig books on how to write one. It tell me to ask questions and state ideas. I have already done that. The question I am asking now is...how long does the introduction have to be? Could it just be 5 sentences or should it be longer? I have two choppy sentences that I know would count only because they are asking questions. Other then that I know that it should be a little longer. I guess I struggled so much because I was not in class whenever the assignment was assigned. I feel that I struggled through this whole paper. I believe that my second draft will be a lot better after I have people review it.


We just got into groups of five and we all read each others papers. My group members told me my paper sounded good. I hope it really does and they're not just saying that. As they were reading over my paper, I notice I repeated a few things that I know for sure I will need to omit.

No comments: